Saturday, September 4, 2010

Gator Football 2009

It's going to be difficult to top the wild time at Rick and Lisa's house last Halloween! We had to combine the annual Gator/Bulldog bash with the frightful holiday. We all took turns answering the "trick-or-treaters" pleading for free chocolate or high fructose corn syrup-laden goodies. Why? It was only fair; no one wanted to miss the gridiron action for very long, while still making the time to hit the buffet. I did think I saw Pappaw double-dipping in the chocolate fondue! Oh, well. I'll bet he wasn't the only one. The Todd Mott family brought two amazing jack-o-lanterns, and Cousin Chad helped with the onslaught of tiny visitors knocking at our front door.
If you have been keeping up with me lately, you know I've been going through a very tough time. We may have to skip this year's Fl/Ga hosting festivities, so I'm offering these pictures as a reminder of the great times we've had before. The Godwin family visited in 2008. Last year my great friend Angie Owens and her daughter, Carly, visited along with regulars: "Pappaw" Mott, Cousin Chad, Todd, Rebecca, Ben, and Emma. Sharon, Matt, and Kristin Mountjoy visited in 2007. That was the year I made the "Spooky Sandwich Snake". (What got into me?) Anyway, fall will be here soon, thank goodness. How will you get into the spirit of these Great American pastimes? Please share a comment, or two. Share some personal ways you jump into the fall festivities with your family and friends. If you have no where else to go, drop by our house. But I warn you: This year I'll be watching the game in my PJs!

3 comments: